Lodge a Complaint
Before you lodge an official complaint we recommend that you:
- Contact your trainer via your classroom. They’ll respond within two business days, and will endeavor to reach a resolution with you.
- If you have any non-course related issues, call our Student Advisors to discuss how they may be resolved.
If your problem can’t be resolved in either of the ways mentioned above, you can lodge an official complaint by following the instructions below. We’ll get back to you within five business days and take you through the next steps.
You can make a complaint because you are unhappy with:
- The conduct of Open Training Institute staff or students
- The quality of service delivered
- Legislative breaches (e.g. privacy, discrimination)
- The management of an Academic Appeal (your must have already submitted an academic appeal application and received a decision before you can lodge this sort of complaint)
- The management of a refund application (your must have already submitted a refund application and received a decision before you can lodge this sort of complaint)
Please note that refunds are not a complaint outcome. If you wish to request a refund, please submit a refund application.
Make a Complaint
What happens next?
- Once we’ve received your complaint we will contact you within 5 working days.
- Once we’ve spoken to you we’ll conduct an investigation of your complaint, including looking at any relevant documentation and liaising with the relevant staff member/s.
- You’ll receive written notification of the outcome, including the reasoning, within 40 business days. We’ll keep you informed of our progress.
- We’ll advise you of any future actions that need to be taken.
What happens if I’m not happy with the outcome?
If you aren’t satisfied with the outcome you have the right to take your case to an external body.
Please note that the role of the external appeals process is to determine whether Open Training Institute has breached any legislation requirements. It will not make a decision in our place.