If you’ve already completed a unit of competency in your chosen qualification before enrolling with Open Training Institute you may be eligible for credit.
Credit can be awarded when the unit of competency (including the unit code) you already have exactly matches the unit of competency offered in your Open Training Institute qualification.
If the unit code of the unit of competency you have completed ends in a different letter we might still be able to help but will need to take a closer look.
Apply for a Credit Transfer
To receive a credit transfer you must:
- Complete and submit the Credit Transfer Application Form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us a copy of the Certificate or Statement of Attainment you already have. This must include:
- The unit code
- The unit name
- Your name
- The name of the training provider (RTO)
- The date the Certificate/Statement of Attainment was issued to you
What happens next?
- Once we’ve received your Credit Transfer Application we will contact you within 5 working days.
- Once we’ve spoken to you we’ll review your application to be sure that the unit/s of competency you have already are the same as the unit/s of competency in your qualification.
- You’ll receive written notification of the outcome, including the reasoning, within 20 business days. We’ll keep you informed of our progress.
- We’ll advise you of any future actions that need to be taken.