Get a head start and engage your customer service skills
*No longer accepting enrolments for this course*
Do you like to help people with their needs? Are you ready to improve your skills? Or maybe you’ve been thinking of a career change? If you answered yes then our Certificate III in Customer Engagement can help you to achieve your goals.
Not quite right?
- National Code
- Course duration
Complete your course within 6 to 12 months
- Nationally recognised
Registered Training Organisation
- Delivery Mode
Our students find jobs in all areas of industry. Career opportunities that exist relating to this course include:
- Customer Contact Agents or Operators
- Customer Service Representatives
- Telesales Representatives
Basics of customer service
- BSBCCO307 Work effectively in customer engagement
- BSBCCO309 Develop product and service knowledge for customer contact operation
- BSBCUS301 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
Customer service technology
- BSBCCO301 Use multiple information systems
- BSBCCO306 Process complex accounts
- BSBITU203 Communicate electronically
- ICAICT209 Interact with ICT clients
Dealing with customers
- BSBCUE304 Provide sales solutions to customers
- BSBCUE308 Conduct outbound customer contact
- BSBCMM301 Process customer complaints
Working in customer service
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
- ICTSAS204 Record client support requirements
Credit for university-level courses
The Certificate III in Customer Engagement may make you eligible for credit towards a university-level course that you’re interested in. If you’re thinking about studying a degree online, we recommend getting in touch with a Student Advisor at Open Universities by calling 13 OPEN (13 67 36).
While there are no formal entry requirements for most of our online courses, it's a good idea to check what core skills will be helpful for this course.
Literacy, Language and Numeracy Assessment [LL&N]
To study our courses, you'll need:
- Writing and typing skills to complete assessments, fill in forms and create documents
- English language skills to read the online learning content, policies, procedures and business documents, as well as emails
- Computer skills to use the online classroom, conduct online research, as well as receive and respond to emails
To provide greater confidence surrounding your ability to successfully complete this qualification, Open Training will provide you access to an online Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment to make sure this qualification is suitable.
Before you start your online study, you'll need access to your learning material, do your research, prepare and submit your assessment tasks and interact with your trainers and other students. To do that, you'll need:
- A decent computer with high-speed internet access, a sound card, microphone and speakers.
- An up-to-date operating system, such as Microsoft Vista or later or Mac Os X or later.
- The latest version of any of these web browsers: Firefox [most compatible], Chrome or Safari
- Microsoft Office or similar [eg. GoogleDocs or OpenOffice]
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- File compression/zip software
- Access to email
Some courses have recommended textbooks that complement the online study material, but purchasing these texts is not compulsory.
Planning your study time
Our courses are designed to be completed within 6 to 12 months, depending on how quickly you want to gain your qualification. Here are some suggested timeframes:
Course duration: 6 months
Weekly hours: 15-20
Perfect life/work balance
Course duration: 12 months
Weekly hours: 7-10
Your online classroom
Study whenever you want in our innovative online classroom and help centre. Take a quick tour below.Start tour
Open Universities Australia