Make it big in small business management with relevant industry skills and training
*No longer accepting enrolments for this course*
Are you ready to live the dream, to be your own boss? Or are you looking to build on your current skills as a manager to stand out from the crowd? If you answered yes then our Certificate IV in Small Business Management can help you achieve your goals.
Although not mandatory, access to a small business or having a vision for a new small business is ideal.
- National Code
- Course duration
Complete your course within 6 to 12 months
- Nationally recognised
Registered Training Organisation
- Delivery Mode
Our students find jobs in all areas of industry. Career opportunities that exist relating to this course include:
- Small Business Manager
- Small Business Operator
- Small business employee
Chief everything officer
- BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB402 Plan small business finances
- BSBSMB403 Market the small business
Establishing a work/life balance
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB408 Manage personal, family, cultural and business obligations
- BSBSMB409 Build and maintain relationships with small business stakeholders
Keeping business rolling
- BSBSMB405 Monitor and manage small business operations
- BSBSMB407 Manage a small team
Finances for small business
- BSBFIA402 Report on financial activity
- BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances
There are no pathways to other courses for Certificate IV in Small Business Management.
While there are no formal entry requirements for most of our online courses, it's a good idea to check what core skills will be helpful for this course.
Literacy, Language and Numeracy Assessment [LL&N]
To study our courses, you'll need:
- Writing and typing skills to complete assessments, fill in forms and create documents
- English language skills to read the online learning content, policies, procedures and business documents, as well as emails
- Computer skills to use the online classroom, conduct online research, as well as receive and respond to emails
To provide greater confidence surrounding your ability to successfully complete this qualification, Open Training will provide you access to an online Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment to make sure this qualification is suitable.
Before you start your online study, you'll need access to your learning material, do your research, prepare and submit your assessment tasks and interact with your trainers and other students. To do that, you'll need:
- A decent computer with high-speed internet access, a sound card, microphone and speakers.
- An up-to-date operating system, such as Microsoft Vista or later or Mac Os X or later.
- The latest version of any of these web browsers: Firefox [most compatible], Chrome or Safari
- Microsoft Office or similar [eg. GoogleDocs or OpenOffice]
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- File compression/zip software
- Access to email
Some courses have recommended textbooks that complement the online study material, but purchasing these texts is not compulsory.
Planning your study time
Our courses are designed to be completed within 6 to 12 months, depending on how quickly you want to gain your qualification. Here are some suggested timeframes:
Course duration: 6 months
Weekly hours: 15-20
Perfect life/work balance
Course duration: 12 months
Weekly hours: 7-10
Your online classroom
Study whenever you want in our innovative online classroom and help centre. Take a quick tour below.Start tour
Open Universities Australia