Make it big in small business management with relevant industry skills and training
Are you ready to live the dream, to be your own boss? Or are you looking to build on your current skills as a manager to stand out from the crowd? If you answered yes then our Certificate IV in Small Business Management can help you achieve your goals.
Although not mandatory, access to a small business or having a vision for a new small business is ideal.
Open Universities Australia
- National Code
- Flexible payment plans
Upfront, weekly or forthnightly plans
- Nationally recognised
Registered Training Organisation
- Delivery Mode
- Course duration
Complete your course within 6 to 12 months
Speak with a dedicated student advisor
Call 13 87 75
Our students find jobs in all areas of industry. Career opportunities that exist relating to this course include:
- Small Business Manager
- Small Business Operator
- Small business employee
Chief everything officer
- BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- BSBSMB402 Plan small business finances
- BSBSMB403 Market the small business
Establishing a work/life balance
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB408 Manage personal, family, cultural and business obligations
- BSBSMB409 Build and maintain relationships with small business stakeholders
Keeping business rolling
- BSBSMB405 Monitor and manage small business operations
- BSBSMB407 Manage a small team
Finances for small business
- BSBFIA402 Report on financial activity
- BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances
There are no pathways to other courses for Certificate IV in Small Business Management.
While there are no formal entry requirements for most of our online courses, it's a good idea to check what core skills will be helpful for this course.
Literacy, Language and Numeracy Assessment [LL&N]
To study our courses, you'll need:
- Writing and typing skills to complete assessments, fill in forms and create documents
- English language skills to read the online learning content, policies, procedures and business documents, as well as emails
- Computer skills to use the online classroom, conduct online research, as well as receive and respond to emails
To provide greater confidence surrounding your ability to successfully complete this qualification, Open Training will provide you access to an online Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment to make sure this qualification is suitable.
There are two ways to pay for your course.
- Pay online or by phone
- Pay by credit card
- Pay by direct debit
- Use a credit card or bank account
- Weekly or fortnightly payments
7 day refund
- Full refund within 7 days
- Special circumstances refunds available
The detail below gives you an idea of your payment amounts, depending on your PAYG scheme.
Payments can be made weekly or fortnightly over 12 months.
Certificate IV in Small Business Management
Save 15% by paying upfront
$2,805 [saving of $495]
From $63.60 based on 12 months
If you do complete your course earlier than expected, you'll just have to make a one-off/final payment in order to receive your qualification.
Before you start your online study, you'll need access to your learning material, do your research, prepare and submit your assessment tasks and interact with your trainers and other students. To do that, you'll need:
- A decent computer with high-speed internet access, a sound card, microphone and speakers.
- An up-to-date operating system, such as Microsoft Vista or later or Mac Os X or later.
- The latest version of any of these web browsers: Firefox [most compatible], Chrome or Safari
- Microsoft Office or similar [eg. GoogleDocs or OpenOffice]
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- File compression/zip software
- Access to email
Some courses have recommended textbooks that complement the online study material, but purchasing these texts is not compulsory.
Planning your study time
Our courses are designed to be completed within 6 to 12 months, depending on how quickly you want to gain your qualification. Here are some suggested timeframes:
Course duration: 6 months
Weekly hours: 15-20
Perfect life/work balance
Course duration: 12 months
Weekly hours: 7-10
Need a little longer?
Don't worry, if you need more time you can take up to 2 years to complete your qualification.
Your online classroom
Study whenever you want in our innovative online classroom and help centre. Take a quick tour below.Start tour
Open Training is fully backed by Open Universities Australia, the leaders in online learning, and provides a range of quality certificate and diploma courses specifically designed for online study.
Open Training offers online study at your own pace, flexible payment options to suit you, and a 7-day money back guarantee if our course is not for you.
You'll have access to all the support you need. Our friendly student advisors, experienced coaches, expert trainers and specialist counsellors are on hand to guide you through your online study.
Enrol online today! We've made enrolment as easy as possible; you can either call us or do it all online.
If you have any questions or need help enrolling please call us on 13 87 75.
Choose your course
Click Start now, tell us who you are and how you would like to pay for your course
Complete your application and we will see you in your classroom
Open Universities Australia