Your computer requirements
Of course, you will need a few things set up before you start your online study. You’ll need access to your learning material, do your research, prepare and submit your assessment tasks and interact with your trainers and other students, and to do that, you’ll need:
- A decent computer with high-speed internet access, a sound card, microphone and speakers.
- An up-to-date operating system, such as Microsoft Vista or later or Mac Os X or later.
- The latest version of any of these web browsers: Firefox (most compatible), Chrome or Safari
- Microsoft Office or similar (eg. GoogleDocs or OpenOffice)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- File compression/zip software
- Access to email
Some courses have recommended textbooks that complement the online study material, but purchasing these texts is not compulsory.