Student Under The Age of 18
If a student is under 18 years of age, Open Training Institute must enter into a written agreement with the student, signed by the student’s parent or legal guardian. The agreement must:
- identify the course in which the student is to be enrolled and any conditions on his or her enrolment.
- consent to and authorise this student to enrol into a course/unit(s) of study at Open Training Institute and agree to pay all costs for the course/unit(s) of study for which this student enrols
- set out the circumstances in which personal information about the student may be shared between Open Training Institute and the Australian Government and designated authorities and, if relevant, the Tuition Assurance. This information includes personal and contact details, course enrolment details and changes; and
- advise the student of his or her obligation to notify Open Training Institute of a change of address or bank details while enrolled in the course.
- Open Training Institute and any student enrolling, who are under the age of 18, must enter into a written agreement that includes all the detail outlined above. Students under the age of 18 will need their parent or legal guardian to sign on their behalf.
- For compliance purposes Open Training Institute will record on file the action taken to notify the student that their consent form has not been received. If Open Training Institute does not receive the consent form within the first 7 days of enrolment, this will result in the student being withdrawn from their OTI course, and money paid will be refunded. Open Training Institute will accept the parental consent form by fax, email, post or in person.
- Students must be made aware of their obligation to notify Open Training Institute if they change address/name or bank details while enrolled in the course.
Parent Consent Form (PDF, 446KB)