Terms and conditions of enrolment
By enrolling in a course provided by Open Training Institute Pty Ltd (Open Training Institute; ABN: 24 161 732 136; RTO: 40766), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms and conditions (these "Terms and conditions of enrolment").
A reference in these Terms and conditions to "we", "us" or "our" is a reference to Open Training Institute.
If you require any assistance or clarification with any of the below, you are welcome to contact our Student Solutions Team on 138 775.
1. Your declaration
1.1 By enrolling in a course with us, you:
- confirm that all the information you’ve given us in connection with your enrolment is complete, true and correct at the time it’s given.
- confirm that you have access to a suitable workplace if necessary to fulfil course requirements; to a computer with an internet connection and Microsoft Office software or similar; the ability to view YouTube; and any additional hardware, software or equipment as specified on our website for the course in which you are enrolling (your "Course").
- confirm that you’ve read and understood all the information in this document, the relevant policies links, and our Code of ethics, and that you agree to act in accordance with them.
- accept that it’s your responsibility to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is kept current. Any changes to your name, address, email address, phone numbers, payment options or banking details should be sent to us as soon as practicable with any relevant documentation.
- agree to retain a current email address by which you can be contacted for the duration of your course, and through which we may communicate formally with you via email and through the learning environment.
- confirm that you understand the challenges in accessing a suitable workplace, particularly for assessment tasks for students that are not of working age.
1.2 You acknowledge that you may be prevented from enrolling with us or have your enrolment cancelled if we determine that any of the above statements are untrue, or you are otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions.
2. Payment terms
2.1. By enrolling in a course with us, you:
- confirm that you’ve read and understood the fees associated with your Course and agree to pay your requisite fees (plus GST if applicable).
- confirm that if you are under 18 years you have submitted your parental consent form including their agreement to the payment of fees arrangements.
2.2. If you fail to pay any part of the Course fee by the due date, we reserve the right to:
- restrict access to our online learning environment
- withhold marking of assessments and issuance of qualifications or statements of attainment for partial completion; and
- notify relevant credit agencies of your default.
2.3. If you’re paying your Course fee by instalments, you:
- must use a valid credit card or Australian bank account; and
- must agree to a Direct Debit Request Service Agreement; and
- must pay all such instalments on or before the due dates; and
- remain liable for unpaid instalments event if you finish your course early; and
- will not be entitled to be issued with a qualification until you have paid your course fee in full; and
- will not be entitled to be issued with a statement of attainment for a module until you have paid all fees in respect of that module.
2.4. You acknowledge that the Course Fee doesn’t include:
- any hardware, software, printed materials (fees may apply if these are required) or equipment for your course, as listed as requirements on our website; and
- travel or other personal costs (such as uniforms) associated with undertaking workplace assessments.
3. Withdrawal and refunds
3.1. You can get a full refund without penalties or fees:
- before your course starts and/or
- within seven days of your course enrolment date (for details pelase refer to our Refund policy)
3.2. You’re not eligible for a refund for modules already provided unless special circumstances (such as approved medical, changes in employment, or family and personal reasons, evidenced appropriately, apply).
3.3. If you don’t complete the course within its mandatory timeframe, your enrolment expires without refund, unless you have paid a fee for an extension.
3.4. Course fees won’t be refunded as a result of a course change (refer to ‘Changing course’ below).
3.5. To be eligible for a standard refund you must have:
- withdrawn from the course, and
- completed a refund request
3.6. If there is an outstanding debt associated with your course, please contact us for possible payment options.
4. Changing course
4.1. You are no longer able to change your course.
5. Code of ethics
5.1. The Open Training Institute’s Code of ethics provides, for a clear understanding of the expectations and obligations we expect from
students participating in our courses with regard to personal and academic conduct. All students are expected to comply with these
principles for the duration of their participation.
6. Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Students who have difficulty with basic literacy, numeracy, English language or other areas of learning are requested to advise us of this at the time of enrolment. OTI may be able to provide direct assistance or refer the student to the appropriate agency.
7. Website use
7.1. By enrolling in a course with us, you’re expected to comply with the terms and conditions for using our websites and student platforms for the duration of your enrolment. If we consider that you’re not complying with these requirements, we may cancel your enrolment, which may result in your loss of fees.
7.2 Some information collected by our website will not in itself identify you, but will provide information about your use of our website (for example ‘clickstream data’ or ‘cookies’). We may collect and use this data to track use of our website and/or to help improve our services.
8.1. By enrolling in a course with us you:
- agree that we may collect personal information (including sensitive information) about you for the purposes of enrolling you in your Course, processing your enrolment application, managing your participation in your Course, improving our products and services, and communicating with you about our products and services (including your Course).
- understand that we’re obligated to disclose your personal information to relevant government authorities as required by law and for reporting purposes.
9. Our obligation
9.1 Subject to these terms and conditions, Open Training Institute:
- agrees to provide you with access to our online learning environment, associated learning material and trainers
- will respond to your questions throughout your course
- mark and provide feedback on your assessments
- provide you with access to our student support services
- issue you with certification for your successful completion of a course or part thereof
9.2 We may make changes to your Course (including units, learning materials and assessments), to our policies and procedures from time to time, and reasonable changes to our fees.
10. Tuition assurance
10.1 We have met the tuition assurance requirements of the Higher Education Support Act (HESA) through our current membership of the Australian Council for Private Education and Training (ACPET) Australian Student Tuition Assurance Scheme (ASTAS).
For further information and a full copy of this arrangement, please click on the following link Statement of VET Tuition Assurance
11.1 Please remember studying through Open Training Institute does not make you eligible for an Australian student visa. For an Australian student visa, you must have an on-campus place with an Australian education provider. As all of Open Training Institute’s units are provided online, OTI's students don't meet this requirement.
11.2 Open Training Institute engages Brydon Management Holdings Pty Ltd, trading as BMS Interactive to provide sales and enrolment services.