Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment process which evaluates your existing skills, knowledge and experience against nationally recognised qualifications.
Skills may have been gained through:
● Work experience (paid or unpaid)
● Informal training and education
● Skills and knowledge gained on the job
● General life experience
● Voluntary work
Once you're enrolled in one of our courses, there's no additional cost to apply for RPL.
Applying for RPL
- Contact Open Training on 138 775 for a RPL self-assessment. The self-assessment form has been developed to assist you in determining whether to proceed with RPL prior to enrolment.
- Send your RPL self-assessment to Open Training via email to email@example.com so it can be reviewed by your trainer.
- If you decide to proceed with a RPL application, enrol in the course.
- Once enrolled, your trainer will send you the full RPL kit. You’ll have to gather and collate evidence of your RPL application and you can contact your trainer for assistance at any time before submitting your application. Your trainer will contact you for an interview and you’ll be notified of the RPL assessment outcome in 20 business days.
If your application is accepted, you’ll receive a written response detailing the RPL granted, and the RPL will be automatically applied to your course. If your application is denied, you’ll receive written explanation detailing why, along with the option to request further information.